Thursday 16 August 2012

DEATHGUARD TERMIES FINISHED

(building anyways)

I finally got some work done on all my nurgle kits this week, after thinking about it long and hard i decided on the current set up for my Terminator Bodyguard for Typus:


Terminator Champion with Lightning Claws, attacking on a a higher initiative step to clear out rank and file with his high attacks (5 on the charge), he is not awful in a challenge but suffers against other 2+ save units. 

 three other terminators
chainfist and combi- melta for my anti-vehicle
the other two are combi flamers and power fists which combined with the heavy flamer guy makes for 2d3 S4 flamer hits and D3 S5 if someone decides to assault them. ( heavy flamer is finished and shown elsewhere)
This unit is not a power house by any means but combined with an Icon of Nurgle for toughness 5, with a 2+/5++ they are a extremely resilient unit that are capable of dealing with multiple types of threats. In my last few games they have even managed to blunt a death company death star with chaplain and librarian, and a grey knight draigo/paladin death star. typus deals with characters effectively while the others absorb the unit. lucky? maybe but I am enjoying them none the less.

SQUATS!!!!

Yes i know GW says they don't exist, but i have the minis to prove it!! these are my "proxy" for chaos space marine havoc's, since Deathguard fluff says they are infantry based and didn't use heavy weapons, it makes sense to me that they would outsource mercs for the jobs they wouldn't care to do, and naturally any mercs working with them, will start to feel a little sick....



the bottom line is I have a thing about old OOP pieces like this and i want to use them, I have the two finished and will have to finish up the rest, plus i have to decide on two more heavy weapons for them as well, so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment